Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kodak Moments

Hi Bloggers!

Soo..I dabble in photography. I enjoy it and always take up opportunities to do new things and practice old ones. But I never thought of motorsport-photography, until I was asked along to the Calder Park track day with the guys.


I thought, what the heck!

So I did some research on techniques and looked at some photos and websites to get an idea of what I'd signed myself up for. It looked simple enough, but of course it's always different reading something as opposed to putting it into practise.

And having never done any motorsport-photography by the time the Calder track day came around, I was admittedly a little apprehensive.

Again, I thought, what the heck!

I charged my battery, packed up my Nikon D80, a new 8GB SD card (and of course a backup one in case I ran out of photos! I didn't) and my VR 18-200 lens then I was good to go. (What I had really needed to pack was lunch and a lot of ice-water and ice cream... Maybe even a mini freezer... It was a really hot day! But I digress...)

So I signed up as an official and got my totally cool fluro yellow jacket and went out to one of the corners on the race track. And...
*Click* *Click* *Click*



At the end of the day, I had some 800 photos of cars! Then it hit me- the work wasn't over. After spending close to 7 hours out at Calder Park, the amount of work that lay ahead of me was akin to the Titanic! It was daunting, to say the least. Despite that, I buckled down and got to work. Deleting unwanted photos and editing the ones that were left. I think with some brutal cutting down I had a decent two-hundred-and-something photos. Not bad!


I think I'll definitely do it again, if for nothing else, then to improve!

For more photos check out:
FB: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=209889&id=604720428&l=ff05430df3

Or my DeviantART account: http://corporate-bum.deviantart.com/gallery/

Alright! Procrastination session over - back to study!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment